STEM Enrichment Opportunities at Sixth Form
The Science Department offers a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities for our students to develop their passion and interests in science.
What is the role of a science LEADER?
- Leading science clubs in local primary schools
- Involves delivering science demos or experiments in these sessions
- Teaching assistants in science club (Year 7) and STEM club (Year 8)
What is the role of a science prefect?
- Mentoring Key Stage 3 students in Science Clinics
- Mentoring Key Stage 4 Science Clinics or as study buddies
What is the SENIOR SCIENCE SOCIETY?
- Aimed at those interested in a career in science
- Hold weekly meetings to discuss current science issues in the media
- Attend external lectures
- Organise for external speakers to visit BGS