It is policy to have school uniform and all students must keep to the following regulations. They are designed to be as simple as possible but no list can be completely comprehensive. If in doubt about any items it will be necessary to consult the Headteacher whose decision must be final. Items marked * are compulsory. Where other items are bought, please follow the guidelines given.
Our official school outfitter is:
240 Blackfen Road
020 8850 8645
These outfitters do not sell all the items mentioned; other outfitters such as Marks & Spencer or John Lewis may supply comparable items.
- Plain black with no contrasting trimmings.
- No other colours are allowed.
- Shoes must be of a substantial style with a full toe and heel.
- Must be worn in school at all times.
- Definitely no boots, canvas shoes, plimsolls or trainers
*Tights or Socks must be worn.
- For boys: plain black or grey colour.
- For girls: must be ankle length white socks or full black tights. Leggings, leg warmers & knee high socks/tights are not allowed.
*Trousers (boys or girls)
- Mid or dark grey long trousers.
- Mid/dark grey skirt with single, double box or knife pleats.
- Pleats must be all round the skirt and must begin at the waist.
- This is the only type of skirt to be worn until Year 10.
- In Year 10 and Year 11 an A-line skirt (without slits) may be worn (available from Caseys)
- Skirts must be 22 inches long.
- Please note that mini-skirts and stretchy skirts are not suitable for school.
- Plain light blue with a collar, short or long sleeves but not sleeveless.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Polo shirts and T-shirts must not be worn.
- Plain light blue with a revere collar, short or long sleeves but not sleeveless.
- No long sleeved tops to be worn underneath shirts or blouses.
- Navy blue, not black, with House Badge.
- Badges are available only from Caseys.
Pullover (optional) Only to be worn with a blazer
- The official navy blue school pullover, V-necked with embroidered school logo, is available from Caseys. No other pullover is acceptable.
*Tie (Boys only)
- Navy blue with a single Bexley Grammar School badge. Only from Caseys.
- Hairstyles must not include motifs or tracks and should be one natural hair colour
- Ribbons/hair clips if worn must be navy blue or black.
- Students must be clean shaven.
Outer coat/School bag
- Outer coat should be in a simple style without prominent logos
(e.g. not sport/leather jackets or hoodies).
- Outdoor wear should not be worn around the school during the school day.
- A suitable school bag, this can be a rucksack style.
- The school does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged coats/bags. Please ensure names are put in belongings in case they end up at reception.
- No jewellery, apart from a wristwatch, is permitted
- Any body piercing should be arranged for the summer holiday so that studs etc can be removed while at school.
- Make-up must not be obvious.
- Nail varnish is not permitted.
PLEASE PUT FULL NAMES IN EVERYTHING
For Physical Education (Boys) For Physical Education (Girls)
*White BGS Polo Shirt with *White BGS Polo Shirt with surname embroidered in House surname embroidered in House colours available only from Caseys colours available only from Caseys
*BGS Rugby Shirt *BGS Rugby Shirt
*Black Shorts *Black Shorts
*White Socks *White Socks
*Trainers (predominantly white) *Trainers (predominantly white)
*Football boots *Football boots
(dependent upon PE group) (dependent upon PE group)
Plain black kit bag only from Caseys Plain black kit bag only from Caseys
Optional extras Optional extras
Plain black tracksuit bottoms Plain black tracksuit bottoms
Plain black sweater Plain black sweater
Water Bottle Water Bottle
Shin Pads Shin Pads
Gum shield (available from the PE office) Gum shield (available from the PE office)
Notes to Parents, Guardians and Students about Physical Education
- The PE department teaches inclusive lessons for students with different physical abilities. As a result, we operate an all change policy. If students are injured or ill, they should change as normal and provide a letter from a parent/guardian to explain any physical injuries they may have, and resulting limitations within lessons. For more serious or long-term injuries, a doctor’s note may be provided to make alternative arrangements.
- All items of PE uniform should be clearly marked with student’s name.
- Lost PE uniform should be reported to Form Staff and the Physical Education Teacher. Items of lost property can be claimed from the Reception Office between 3.05 pm and 3.15 pm. Lost property can only be kept for a limited length of time and then it will be disposed of. Students are responsible for their PE uniform at all times.
- An item of missing PE uniform on three occasions will result in a thirty-minute after-school detention.
- Failure to bring PE uniform without an authorised note from parent/guardian will result in a thirty-minute after-school detention.
- No watches and jewellery should be worn during Physical Education lessons.
- Hair below shoulder length should be tied back, therefore not interfering with practical activity.
- Emblems of any kind are not permitted on any of the PE uniform.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in Physical Education nor the school.
- The Physical Education Department strongly advises students not to bring any valuables to their Physical Education lessons, extra-curricular clubs or when representing the school. The PE Department cannot accept any responsibility for their safe-keeping.
- Parents/guardians are requested to ensure all students are dressed appropriately and all PE uniform is maintained correctly.