Externals Sixth Form Booking Information
Please note the following details carefully ahead of your visit so that the experience is smooth and safe for everyone involved:
Your session booking - it is important that you arrive as close as possible to the time given.
Session 1 - 6.40 pm to 7.50 pm. Arrival time at 6.40 pm to visit subjects first. The evening ends at 7.50 pm (after the formal presentation at 7.30 pm). No admittance after 6.50 pm.
Session 2 - 6.50 pm to 8.00 pm. Arrival time at 6.50 pm for the 7.00 pm formal presentation first. The evening ends at 8.00 pm (after the subject visits). No admittance after 7.00 pm.
- You will be given a prospectus and a subject information guide on arrival. Student ambassadors, located around the school, will assist with directions.
- You will be able to visit subject areas where teachers and students will be available to explain some details about a given subject and answer your questions. With the limited time available, you should focus your visit on the three Higher Level subjects you wish to study.
- Either before or at the end of your subject visit (40 minutes) you will be welcomed into the school hall for a presentation by the headteacher, members of the sixth form team and current sixth form students.
Booking confirmation will be required for entry
You will understand that to manage numbers safely, you will be asked for proof of your booking on arrival. Please help us to avoid unnecessary delays and inconvenience to you by having this evidence ready to show our staff or student helpers, either via your mobile device or a printed copy. Any family without the email generated by our booking system will be turned away in order to keep everyone who has booked safe.
Parking is very limited. Please make every effort to come on foot or use public transport. If you have to arrive by car:
- Please allow plenty of time for parking. The Danson Lane area is always busy. We have very limited car parking provision on site which can be accessed via the gate nearest to Danson Park. This will be signposted and staff or student helpers will be positioned on the gate - please do not attempt to enter any other gate. Once parked, you will be asked to walk back out of the gate and along the pavement to the pedestrian gate for entry to the open evening via reception.
- Please be respectful of local residents if you do need to park in the neighbouring area. We will endeavour to accommodate as many vehicles as possible but we hope that many of you will arrive on foot. There are good-sized public car parks at Tesco in Welling and the Co-op in Blackfen, both a 10-minute walk away.
If you are arriving on foot
Please follow the welcome signs and enter via the reception pedestrian gate which will be signposted.
- Wearing a face covering is not compulsory but please wear one if you wish. We have sanitiser available to use on entry/exit.
- If you are able to take a lateral flow test prior to your visit, this would be appreciated.
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, even if you test negative with a lateral flow test, you must not attend. You could spread the virus to dozens of other people and to students who could carry it to dozens of other schools.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information; we look forward to meeting you on 16th November.