Everyone at BGS is very much looking forward to welcoming you to what will be our first Open Mornings since 2019!
Please note the following details carefully ahead of your visit so that the experience is smooth and safe for everyone involved:
Your session booking
Session 1 - arrival time between 8.45 am and 9.00 am - ends at 10.05 am (after the Headteacher's talk). No admittance after 9.00 am.
Session 2 - arrival time between 11.05 am and 11.20 am - ends at 12.25 pm (after the Headteacher's talk). No admittance after 11.20 am.
- Your family will be assigned a student tour guide on arrival.
- You will begin with a tour of the school, allowing you the opportunity to see Bexley Grammar at work.
- At the end of your tour (30-45 minutes) you will be welcomed into the School Hall for a presentation by the Headteacher, Mr Elphick, and three students.
Booking confirmation will be required for entry
You will understand that to manage numbers safely, you will be asked for proof of your booking on arrival. Please help us to avoid unnecessary delays and inconvenience to you by having this evidence ready to show our staff or student helpers, either via your mobile device or a printed copy. Any family without the email generated by our booking system will be turned away in order to keep everyone who has booked safe.
If you are arriving by car
- Please allow plenty of time for parking. The Danson Lane area is always busy, particularly early in the day. We have limited car parking provision on site which can be accessed via the gate nearest to Danson Park. This will be signposted and staff or student helpers will be positioned on the gate - please do not attempt to enter any other gate. Once parked, you will be asked to walk back out of the gate and along the pavement to the pedestrian gate for entry to the open morning via reception.
- Please be respectful of local residents if you do need to park in the neighbouring area. We will endeavour to accommodate as many vehicles as possible but we hope that many of you will arrive on foot.
If you are arriving by foot
Please follow the welcome signs and enter via the reception pedestrian gate which will be signposted.
- Wearing a face covering is not compulsory but please wear one if you wish. We have sanitiser available to use on entry/exit.
- If you are able to take a lateral flow test prior to your visit, this would be appreciated.
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, even if you test negative with a lateral flow test, you must not attend. You could spread the virus to dozens of other people and to children who could carry it to dozens of other schools.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information; we look forward to meeting you and your child.