Year 7 Intake for the Academic Year 2021/22 - Appeals
On offers day in March 2021, if you do not get offered a place for your child to attend Bexley Grammar School and would like to appeal against this decision, please email Miss R Houghton, School Admissions Administrator, for a parental appeal form: email@example.com. We will require your child's full name and date of birth. Please only do this after 'offer day' to appeal for a place for September 2021 intake.
An Appeal Form must be completed and returned to the school with any supporting evidence by: Monday 29th March 2021.
Appeals Timetable including Sixth Form and In Year
Any appeals submitted will be heard in accordance with the timescales set out below:
- Appellants will receive at least 10 days’ notice of their appeal hearing. Reasonable deadlines, which should be at least seven working days before the Appeal date, will be set for appellants to submit additional evidence, for the school to submit their evidence, and for the clerk to send appeal papers to the panel and parties. If these deadlines are not met, the Appeal date may be delayed.
- Appeals that are lodged on time for applications made under the normal admission round i.e. for Year 7 will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
- For late applications appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- For applications to Sixth Form, the offer place is conditional upon exam results and therefore appeals will be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results.
- For applications for ‘in-year’ admissions, appeals will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
The School Appeals Section at the Borough will write to you with a date for your appeal. Any extra papers for the appeal should be with the School Appeals Section at least 7 working days before the Appeal date otherwise the date may be delayed.
Decision letters will be sent within 5 working days of the hearing wherever possible.