Business & Management
As Spike Milligan once said, ‘Money can’t buy you love, but it can buy you a better class of enemy’.
Every day companies bombard us with images and offers too good to refuse. Business and Management attempts to explain why firms behave in the ways they do and place their behaviour in real world contexts. Business and Management forms part of the study of individuals and societies and is offered at both Higher and Standard Level.
The Higher Level syllabus consists of 6 compulsory modules and a research project:
- Business Organisation and Environment
- Human Resources
- Accounts and Finance
- Operations Management
- Business Strategy
A research project which either:
- Addresses an issue facing an organisation or a range of organisations OR
- Analyses a decision to be made by an organisation or a range of organisations
The Standard Level syllabus consists of 4 compulsory modules and a written assignment:
- Introduction to Organisations
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting and Finance
A written assignment based on the application of tools, techniques and theory to a real world business situation or problem.
As a Department we fully support the aims and ethos of the International Baccalaureate Organisation. In particular, we believe that the aims of the Business and Management course at Bexley Grammar are to:
- Encourage a holistic view of the world of business.
- Encourage students to become independent critical thinkers.
- Promote the importance of exploring business issues from different cultural perspectives.
|Higher Level||Standard Level|
|External Assessment||2 x written papers
(4½ hours) = 75%
|2 x written papers
(3 hours) = 80%
|Internal Assessment||A Research Project
(approx. 30 hours) = 25%
A Written Assignment
Students do not need to have studied Business Studies at GCSE to study International Baccalaureate Business and Management at either Standard or Higher level.