Penhill Academies Trust
The Penhill Academies Trust (PAT) is a highly successful umbrella trust formed of five neighbouring stand-alone academies: Blackfen, Hurstmere, Sherwood Park, Bexley Grammar and Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar, all rated by Ofsted as at least ‘Good’.
Each academy within the Trust is unique and retains its own individual identity and distinct governing body. All schools retain their autonomy, have an equal standing across the trust and their contributions are heard and respected. There is a Board of Directors for the Penhill Trust which consists of the Head Teachers of the schools and their respective Chairs of Governors; again, all directors have equal rights.
Our vision is to work in partnership across the Trust with all stakeholders to provide innovative opportunities and raise aspirations and outcomes for all.
As Governors and School Leaders, we recognise that in order to continually improve and sustain high standards in the ever changing educational landscape, we need to work collaboratively with like-minded partners. The stand-alone academies under the umbrella of the PAT undertake to utilise expertise across the Trust to support each school at an appropriate level through formal collaboration to achieve the following aims:-
- To improve learning outcome for their pupils
- To improve the welfare of their pupils
- To effectively prepare pupils for the next stage of their learning journey – from KS2-3, KS4-KS5 and then on to higher education; To provide quality CPD (continuous professional development) and improved opportunities for recruitment and career development in order to develop all staff across the trust
- To share and develop leadership skills at all levels including governance
- To achieve increasing value for money through economies of scale