The school's curriculum is designed to:
- be balanced, broadly based, relevant and differentiated to match student needs, aptitudes and abilities;
- promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of each student; and
- prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Students have equal opportunities to the curriculum at all key stages; where options are available, every effort is made to provide students with the options of their choice. Student progress is assessed and the results recorded and reported to parents.
Years 12 to 13: From September 2017, all Year 12 students follow the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The current list of IB subjects offered can be found here.
The Prince's Teaching Institute Mark has been awarded to our Art, English, Geography, History, Latin, Modern Foreign Languages, Music and Science departments for their work on the Schools Programme during 2014/15. Click on the icon on the left to see what those departments are doing on the Bexley Grammar Page of the PTI website.
The school's SEN policy is designed to cater for the education of students with learning difficulties, whatever their nature, which hinder the normal educational development of the student. The policy outlines:
- Arrangements for co-ordinating the provision for students with SEN;
- Admission arrangements;
- Allocation of resources;
- The identification of SEN and the assessment and provision of SEN;
- Procedures for the monitoring and review of SEN;
- Access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Whole school integration;
- Evaluating SEN policy; and
- Arrangements for handling complaints
SENCO, Mrs V. Ellis (Assistant Headteacher).